Hello you! I’ve created MoneyBabe to share my journey of getting out of debt and achieving financial freedom. I am a 26 year old woman from America and have lived in London for the past 2.5 years (2015-2018).
I am an avid reader of personal finance and money saving blogs, and wanted to create a space that could help other young women like myself become confident and excited about managing their money. Basically, I want to make personal finance pretty.
I grew up having no appreciation for how to handle money, but loving to work. I graduated debt-free from undergrad (thanks dad) and then I got my masters in finance after working for a couple years. I ended up with £25k of student loans.
My goal is to have every cent paid off by January of 2020, but have every intention of beating that goal! You can see how I’m doing here.
I plan to post at least 2x a month, but hopefully more than that. I work in finance and when I am on a project I sometimes have to work super late for several weeks in a row, so the blog (unfortunately) has to be put on hold here and there!
A few bits about me:
- I love my puppy so much and spend most of my weekends walking in the park with her and my boyfriend, and it is the only place I want to be.
- I love exercising, being outside, hiking, kayaking, etc. whenever I can!
- I have been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years, he’s the only person who both knows about my blog and has seen it. He is so supportive and amazing.
- I love parks and rec and The Office (UK and US) more than any other shows
- My rule for white wine is that the more it looks like water, the better. (hellooooo Pinot Grigio)
- My sisters are my best friends and I love them so much – only one of them knows I have this blog though (she doesn’t know the name!)
- I’m vegan, but don’t talk about it too much on here (so don’t worry 😉 ) I love to cook new vegan recipes as often as I can.
- My favourite books are Les Miserables, Jane Eyre and Persuasion
You can also follow the journey on my twitter.
Creating this blog is just one of the ways I’m keeping myself accountable to my budget and spending – so buckle up, pour yourself a glass of wine and prepare yourself for the emotional roller coaster that is my financial reality.